Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ode to my doggie:)

Stand by me…

Rip apart the need of words

Stolen away from the heart yet skeptic

Yearning for solace…

Not in words but in your presence


The secret weep of my heart

Is what I unfold today

To thank you, to cherish you

To reveal what my words could never say


I ain’t the Latin American poet

Who glides through expressions profound

I’m but a humble soul

Struggling to find the words unbound


It was when the world stood aloof

Far, at a distance, giving me unwanted solitude

I was trying to find answers,

For questions that refused to get me understood


Oh! What mayhem, what bizarre

What venomous solitude was that

When I needed them the most

Unflinching suffering was what came back.


That was when you stood by me

Stood by me through mayhems innumerable

Comforted me through tears unforgettable

Helped me feel what it was to be loved n cared for

Helped me feel what it was like to be felt for


Now what shall I call that slide of time

Tears bought along the alchemy of your support…

As if I was never meant to be deprived

Destiny plans its tune in accord surprised


What was that oasis of your stand?

When you defined the world to stand by me,

To comfort me and hold me

Only to see me believe once more in the joke of life


Alas! The words still betray me,

This upsurge of memories still

Become the man from Polfrock

Who ruins me of my humble composure

Today, I shall need you again

Hold me…

Stay by me and I shall withstand

Any blow of this rakish time


A poet feels powerless by your presence

For he too needs words to create essence

The glow of your warm soul leaves me as tranquil

As a dip in Nerudian poetic Bowl.


Jayasri











No comments: