Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ode to my pen

Standing erect,

Held close to my heart

It flows… flows through the

Realms of my imagination…

My despair


Kissing the paper with its brazen tips,

Brazen, blue, venomous lips,

Soils the white emptiness of the paper

Makes it worthy of my possess forever


My wand, my magic, my Knight in shining armor

Thou art my friend, confidante…

My sole companion here.


Summer, spring, winter, rain,

Name the season when you weren’t there,

To soothe me, comfort me, cheer me,

Bring me victory in pains and moments dear.


I remember the days, noons and twilights

When the world held me out of its sight,

When you came to my rescue,

Gave me reason to carry on… in words so few.


Today the world wants to be in my sight

There is no lonely darkness in this array of light.

But this journey, this saga of ours shall be history.

What makes me write these lines…?

To me is still a mystery


All I feel is that you are deserting me…

Deserting the path of your existence

And I stand here helpless,

You perish while I try to conquer my inner mayhem.


Your life is but in drops fated few

When they shall be gone

You shall be away,

Far to a distance unsought.


And there shall be a new one,

Trying to replace you and your memories

I shall find you in none

For sacred are the thoughts that brought us together in peace.


- Jayasri










No comments: